This article is one part of a series on social media marketing. To start at the beginning, click here.
Creating a Documented Social Media Strategy With 3 Questions
Crafting the Best 2022 Social Media Marketing Strategy: Part 6
Much like posting schedules, more than two-thirds of marketers say their company has a documented social media strategy.
Below are some of the top questions social media marketers ask themselves when building out a social media strategy and our data-backed guidance around them:
1. Which metrics should I use to measure the ROI of my social media marketing campaigns?
Measuring ROI is one of the biggest challenges marketers anticipate in 2022. With more data available to us than ever before, it can be hard to zero in on the metrics that are most important.
According to social media marketers, website traffic is the most important metric when measuring ROI of social media campaigns, followed by
2. How do I know if I should keep using a platform for social media marketing?
Believe it or not, the biggest challenge marketers anticipate struggling with in 2022 is determining which platform to market their brand on.
If you are one of those marketers, you may be wondering what metrics you should be looking at when deciding whether to continue leveraging a social channel.
Coming in at number one is impressions/views, followed by sales, then subscriber/follower count, website traffic, and clicks.
3. Which new or emerging platforms or features are marketers investing in for 2022?
With new social media platforms popping up every few months, it can be overwhelming to keep up with all of them while also managing your active campaigns.
You might be wondering which new platforms marketers plan to invest in this year? Let’s break it down.
- Twitter Spaces is a new live audio feature on the already popular Twitter platform, so it’s no surprise that 39% of marketers invested in it in 2021, the highest of any platform. Twitter Spaces is also the #1 new feature marketers plan to invest in more than any other in 2022.
- YouTube Shorts is widely considered YouTube’s response to TikTok and 31% of marketers invested in it in 2021, with 15% of marketers planning to invest more in Shorts than any other new feature next year.
- Instagram Shops is the 3rd most popular new feature marketers invested in last year, with 30% of social media marketers giving it a try in 2021.