This article is one part of a series on social media marketing. To start at the beginning, click here.
What Sets Effective Social Media Marketing Apart From Others?
Crafting the Best 2022 Social Media Marketing Strategy: Part 9
In a survey, marketers were asked how effective or ineffective their social media strategy has been this year. The data was examined through these two separate groups, the first being those who said their social media strategy was effective, compared to the second which rated their social media strategy as ineffective.
Here are a few key differences between those who say their social media strategy was effective (77% of respondents) vs. ineffective (7% of respondents):
The effective group is 25% more likely to leverage interactive content (polls, games, etc.) and 21% more likely to leverage content that reflects their brand’s values.
When determining which influencers to partner with on social media, the effective group is 26% more likely to consider the quality of influencers’ content and 18% more likely to consider whether influencers align with their company’s values.
When trying to find their audience on social media, the effective group is:
- 21% more likely to use social listening
- 17% more likely to research the demographics of social media platforms
- 17% more likely to research relevant online communities
- 14% more likely to analyze demographic data their company already has
In terms of the age demographics they target with their social media marketing efforts, the effective group is:
- 5% more likely to target Millennials
- 14% less likely to target Gen X
- 7% less likely to target baby boomers
- 6% less likely to target Gen Z