New harvester, forwarder enhance forestry operations’ productivity in most terrains
Forestry equipment operates under difficult and demanding conditions. Engineered for the rugged terrain of forestry and logging work, Komatsu now offers two new machines, the 931XC-3 8WD harvester and the 855-3 forwarder.
931XC-3 8WD harvester
Designed for extreme conditions (XC) from smarter thinning to heavy-duty felling, the 931XC-3 harvester is exceptionally maneuverable in most types of forests and terrain. It has been optimized for low working speeds, including a broad powerband and high torque backup for challenging operations.
Among the 931XC-3 features:
- Unique 8WD system: For excellent handling, the 8WD double Komatsu Comfort Bogie drive system follows the terrain more closely than other 8WD machines with a fixed rear-axle design, greatly reducing rear ground pressure. It offers high ground clearance and enhanced traction; hydrostatic transmission matching power and traction; and automatic cab/crane leveling.
- Powerful parallel crane: Promote enhanced production with a single control lever movement that extends the boom/arm on a parallel path. The three-pump hydraulic system enables simultaneous slewing, feeding and maneuvering, as well as a ±180-degree cab/crane rotation with automatic four-way cab/crane leveling.
- Modern, large, spacious cab: Critical to productivity are operator comfort and visibility. The automotive-quality cab on the 931XC-3 8WD harvester includes a giant front window, ergonomic seat, automatic climate control, sound-deadening measures, and heated and cooled meal storage, as well as an easy-to-understand machine interface.
The 855-3 forwarder helps your operators deliver productivity day after day in the 14-metric-ton class, working with them to offer power, smart features and nimbleness.
The 855-3 forwarder includes:
- Machine and crane control: Operators can monitor and control everything from the engine and crane to the transmission and service ladders with the state-of-the-art MaxiXT system. All operator-specific functions can be fine-tuned to achieve the sensitivity and speed each individual operator prefers.
- Smooth and fast transport: Chassis and suspensions are designed to maneuver through even the most rugged forests when fully loaded. Komatsu Comfort Bogie axles with a high portal offset and V-shaped frames provide high ground clearance.
If your operation requires ground or stump leveling on tough terrain, an optional heavy-duty stacking blade is available for the 855-3. Mounted with a high angle of departure for climbing obstacles, there’s no interference between blade, battery boxes or hood guard.
For more information about Komatsu’s line of forestry and logging equipment, go to https://www.komatsu.com/en/industries/forestry/