New Komatsu 951-1 six-wheeled harvester helps you harvest large hardwood trees
If you work in the woods, you want to know that your machine will be productive, even on tough assignments. Best suited for large hardwood tree harvesting, Komatsu’s 951-1 six-wheeled harvester has robust features such as a multifunction hydraulic system, a powerful yet efficient engine, and excellent cold-weather starting.
One of the largest harvesters on the market at 50,243 pounds, the heart of the 951-1 is a 287-net-horsepower engine that features an ideal mix of power, torque and fuel economy. Komatsu optimized the engine for low working speeds, including a broad powerband and high-torque backup for challenging operations.
Despite its size, the harvester has excellent maneuverability thanks to key drivetrain technologies such as the Comfort Bogie system with high ground clearance and enhanced traction.
“Like our other harvesters, the 951-1 features an auto-level cab to help keep it level, whether the machine is on flat ground or steep terrain,” said Rob Warden, Senior Product Manager, Komatsu. “That keeps the operator comfortable and increases visibility during all operations, so they can be productive throughout their shift.”
The 951-1 can also be paired with several high-performance Komatsu harvester heads to meet your specific needs. The most popular options for the 951-1 are the C144 and C164 carry-style heads as well as the S172 squeeze-style head. The C164 can handle trees with diameters of up to 36 inches.
Additional key features of the 951-1 harvester include:
- A three-pump hydraulic system that enables operators to perform multiple crane and head functions at the same time at full power, even when moving
- A powerful parallel crane with single control lever movement that extends the boom/arm on a parallel path and provides excellent lifting and slewing torque plus an industry-leading ±180-degree cab/crane rotation
- A special diesel heater system that heats the batteries, engine coolant, DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) and hydraulic oil to help ensure easy starting in cold conditions
- A spacious, automotive-quality cab that includes a large front window, an ergonomic seat, automatic climate control, sound-deadening measures, and heated and cooled meal storage
- An electrically operated engine hood and service points, so you rarely need to climb onto the machine for maintenance
“We encourage anyone who is interested to contact their Komatsu distributor and learn more,” stated Warden.
Click here to learn more about Komatsu’s 951-1 six-wheeled harvester.